Monday, July 28, 2008

The saga of the feet

So here's the much requested answer to what the Dr thinks is wrong with my foot... He doesn't know for sure. He wasn't completely without ideas. He instructed me to only wear my running shoes, not to walk around barefoot except in the shower and ice my foot every night. Then if in 5 days or so it's not getting better then I'm to go back and get an x-ray. So far it is not feeling better even after being really lazy and mostly off my feet this weekend. Which makes me think that I'm on my way to that x-ray. I also think I should try to find myself a podiatrist because I think that my feet hurt more often then they should. More often then most people's feet do. How often would you say your feet bother you?

Lightening poll.
Please comment and let me know in the course of a given week how often your feet bother you. I'd really like to know if I'm an oddity or more of a norm. Thank you!!

2 comments:

Amy L. said...

Em, what exactly is your pain like?

I had pain in the sole of my foot that caused me to hobble around and really limited my ability to hike on our honeymoon in '06, and the doctor diagnosed a classic case of plantar fasciitis. I was ordered to wear heel cups in both shoes and to take an increased dose of Aleve every day for two weeks to help with the inflamation. Believe it or not, it totally worked...no more searing pain upon getting up in the morning or standing after having pressure on my heel (i.e. sitting with my feet on the coffee table for extended periods). I still have occasional pain, but usually only if I wear shoes without the heel cups. I no longer need the Aleve at all. Thank heavens...I was SO sick of hobbling around like an old lady!

Melanie said...

Same here! Daily pain (can barely walk when I get up in the morning) with plantar fasciitis (sounded like what Britten had, and my doctor confirmed it). Prescribed foot exercises I actually don't do, as well as never going barefoot and only wearing supportive shoes. Goodbye, cute ballet flats!