Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wanting

There are so many things that I want. There are so many areas of my life that I want things.

Home- Redo the bathroom tile. Turn the washing machine around so that it is in the bedroom rather than behind the bathroom door. Build a larger bedroom closet. A Queen bed. A headboard. Bedroom rug. A rug for the den. Paint the house. Paint the den. Repaint the bedroom.

Professional - a management team I respect, a company that has a direction, a career path with growth, to know what I want to be when I grow up, work that will fill me, work I want to go to each morning.

Personal - A relationship with someone I can rely on, who can rely on me, who I can count on, who can count on me, who I can do things with, who I can talk things over with, bounce things off of, plan things with, raise children with, share the chores with, take care of, get taken care of by, laugh with, cry with, walk the dog with, plan things with, make dinner with, cuddle with, watch movies with, play games with, yell with, deal with,

How do you find all of the things you want? How can you make your life more than it is? Where do you even begin when there are so many things you want? Does making a list help you get there? What is the priority when you really want it all, all of it now, all of it this minute? Rolling Stones know that you can't always get what you want but I really wish I could. I really wish for all that I want.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wanting... yes. I know I know I know I know I know. There are so many things I want right now. Top of the list: a job for my husband. He's working a crap part-time job right now while looking for a "real" job. Also top of the list: a baby. And tied for third place at the top of the list: Ryan's kids back in SLC with us.

Some friends of mine just told me tonight, "Kate, you need to read The Secret." I almost start laughing. But then again... could it really hurt? Maybe we really should try it! I will if you will...

;-)

Emily said...

Kate, you are on. I'm just about to finish a book so it would be a perfect time. Nothing can hurt when you want so much. You with me?

Pickles and Dimes said...

For most of those things, I believe it's a self-fulfilling prophecy: if you want it and work toward it, it'll happen (sorry for the cheesiness).

For the husband thing, my experience has been that when I WASN'T looking or thinking about men, that's when he found me.

Kate said...

Emily, I'm with you! I'm going to read it. It will be our little secret. Get it? Our secret... hahahahah! OK, sorry, I'll stop now. (But I really am going to read it.)