Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shaking and fidgety

Last night when I got home from work Tally seemed to be doing OK. We had a pretty good walk. She didn't eat anything except a few treats but she was holding steady. Then as the night wore on she started to get the shakes. It was so sad. She didn't want to lay down in her normal spot on the couch so I let her lay on the other side of me and wrapped her up in a blanket where she stayed comfortably for the rest of the night and on into this morning. It really made me sad to see her like that. I hated having to leave her this morning since she didn't eat her breakfast either.

Then there's me and my meds tapering fidgety self. So far it hasn't been too bad but it is a bit odd. It feels like every so often I lose control of my motor skills and have to fidget and contort. And I feel a bit of an odd tight headache which could also be due to the insane allergy issues I been having but who's to say. The feeling makes it hard to sit still or focus. Especially with one of my co-workers who expects me to automatically have all of the history and back story on tasks without even trying. He just says things and expects me to know the who, where, what, when and why of it and I can't think straight enough to figure it all out.

It's only day two so I'm going to keep on keeping on. Here's hoping it gets better and not worse. Same goes for my little Tally bear. Better not worse. BETTER NOT WORSE!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Poor Tally... hang in there, girl!

And Emily - when I got off my meds, it took a few weeks to adjust. I got strange, dizzy spells that lasted for a few seconds at a time. They happened fairly frequently. As time passed, they became fewer and farther apart, and eventually they stopped.

Now I am back on meds... but that is a story for my blog, not yours. ;-)

We at the House of B are rooting for you both!

Pickles and Dimes said...

Oh, I hope you both start to feel better soon! Hang in there.