Monday, January 19, 2009

Tally update

This morning Tally was very off. She'd spent most of the day Sunday sleeping and didn't even ask to go out for a walk. Then this morning she didn't do her usual waking me up routine. She didn't push open my door right after the alarm went off. Then I went out to feed her and she hardly wanted to eat. And let me tell you that is NOT like her at all. Usually she can hardly contain herself wanting to eat so badly. She did get her breakfast down but her reaction freaked the living crap out of me. So I jumped in the shower to get her to the vet as quickly as I could.

She was already scheduled to spend the day there getting some more tests done. So I dropped her off and cried as I drove away. I hate leaving her there even though I know that each and every person there just loves her to pieces.

Called Heather crying asking if I could spend the day with her and the kids. That was the best possible thing I could have done to keep my mind off where Tally was and what might be wrong. The kids as usual were fantastic and Heather was of course a perfect friend.

Around 4 I couldn't stand it anymore and called the Vet. They said that she was doing fine and that the Dr would give me a call as soon as she could. About an hour later she called and said that Tally was fine, that the swab from Saturday revealed she definitely has an infection of some sort and took some urine in order to determine what kind. She got a shot of an antibiotic and some pills that she'll start on tomorrow.

Right now she's cuddled up next to me on the couch and sleeping soundly. I couldn't be happier to have her home with me. She's still a bit off but I'll keep hoping all is well and do everything in my power to keep her happy and healthy. She's got my heart and I think I've got hers. We're a matched set us two. Stay around for a lot more years, OK little miss Tally bear? Hugs.

1 comment:

Pickles and Dimes said...

Oh, poor Tally! I hope the medicine gets her back to normal soon. Give her a hug for me, OK?