Friday, December 28, 2007

2007, What did you do to me?

One of my very favorite bloggers, Sundry, has created a list of questions to try to sum up the year that was 2007. I thought I would participate since this was quite a year for this gal.

So here goes:

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Bought a townhouse in Seattle, went speed dating, tore out a wall.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Is it bad that I can't even remember if I made any resolutions? I'm sure I will make some this year and this time I'll post them here so that I can keep track. Accountability, perhaps that will help.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Heather and Jess both had babies this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die? A former co-worker.

5. What countries did you visit? Does Texas count as another country? Feels like another country.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A better outlook on my personal/dating/love life.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 19th, had my heart broken that day.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Tearing out a wall in my new townhouse.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not recovering from the break-up and having to go back into therapy to get myself back.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just to my silly little heart.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Townhouse or perhaps my digital camera. Both are very cool.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
"His" friends for wanting to keep me in their lives.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
His.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Townhouse

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to Seattle!!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"The Underdog" by Spoon and "See the World" by Gomez

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Sadder, fatter, poorer. Holy crap that sounds so bad but I'm working on the sad by going back into therapy and the fatter by going to the gym. The poorer is because of the house so that one's not all bad I suppose.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Dating.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being sad about him.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With mom, sis, bro-in-law, niece, nephew, bro and grandpa at mom's house.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Nope.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Chuck, Pushing Daisies

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. Don't even hate him.

24. What was the best book you read?Family Baggage by Monica McInerney

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Gomez "How We Operate"

26. What did you want and get?
My townhouse, an LCD TV, a digital camera

27. What did you want and not get?
A Roomba.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Juno, hands down. Others I loved Knocked Up and Hot Fuzz.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had a few friends over to my new place for all of my favorite snack foods and I turned 33.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have spent at lot less time being sad about him.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Same as every other year, Eddie Bauer-esque, sweaters, t-shirts and jeans.

32. What kept you sane?
Moving into Seattle, Anti-depressants, friends and therapy.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Zachary Levi from Chuck

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Protecting a woman's right to choose.

35. Who did you miss?
No one stands out.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
No one stands out.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
In order to be truely happy in a relationship I have to be truely myself and not be afraid of what might happen.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "And when all's been said and done it's the things that are given, not won are the things that you want." Gomez - See the World

No comments: