Friday, December 21, 2007

Will music soothe my car driving soul?

I seem to feel the most anxious when I'm in my car. Many of my anxiety related "ticks" seem to pop out while I'm behind the wheel. The hand flexing , hand shaking and overall pins and needles are often in full force.

It's not all of the time, of course, but often enough that I'm searching for a solution. I talked to my therapist about it yesterday and she suggested listening to music that has good associations. Songs that remind me of certain people or situations. She even suggested an album that she loves by called Prose Combat by MC Solaar. He's a french Rapper. My therapist loves Rap. If you knew her you would find this as funny as I do.

So now I'm on the hunt for a version I could buy locally instead of over the internet from someone in Arkansas. If I can't find one then I'll enlist the help of our friends at Amazon. Until then I'm going to try to find one on my own. Perhaps SonicBoom might be the best place to start.

I'm also open to other suggestions, since I'm not sure how much Rap I'll be able to handle. Let me know what songs make you happy and I will be forever grateful.

No comments: