Thursday, December 6, 2007

I'm tired and Seattle is a small town

I am so very tired this afternoon. I saw my therapist this morning and then came back to work. That has proved very difficult on poor little me. I'm yawning and my eyes are burning. I suppose the burning eyes are from the tears shed in the therapists office. Annoying either way.

Since I was with you last the following situations have occurred:
- On Saturday I ran in to Jess, Josh and Jackson @ REI. I had been there looking for a new warmer coat and was about to go home when I saw them drive by me. I then got to spend time playing with Jackson while his mom and pop shopped for Jackson packs. You know those backpack baby carriers? Well they found one that they liked and decided to then try loading the little man into it. He was a complete trooper! While they were just loading him in this little girl came up to us and looked right at Jackson and said "That little baby in there is very cute." So adorable!!! It was about that time that I realized I was probably going to get a parking ticket because I hadn't planned on being there nearly that long. So I said goodbye to the J's and headed outside where it was now snowing like the dickens!
- On Sunday I was trying to find a free parking spot to go to the Urban Craft Uprising. As I came around the corner of Mercer and I think it was 5th I spotted Mel's car. I was nearly certain that she was at the UCU too. I tried her cell but it went straight to voicemail. I slowly made my way through the amazing booths and kept an eye out for her. About half way through my wanderings I heard her laugh and there she was with Ed talking to one of the vendors.
- On Tuesday I had a fit of motivational energy and decided the time had most certainly come to fix the closet in the den. I can't stand to even look in there anymore, let alone go in the room because it is so overly full of crap! The floor is barely visible. Since good organization can fix any ill, I had to take advantage of this rare motivated moment and go to Storables. The gal who worked out the dimensions for the shelves I needed asked if I was planning on buying the shelves today because if I wanted to wait their 25% off sale started on the 26th. So I decided to wait. Rather than go home completely empty handed I looked around Storables for something else that I just had to have. As I was searching I ran into my therapist and her 4 year old son. I have never run into her before and wasn't sure what to do. I had a quick "should I or shouldn't I" conversation with myself about if I should say hello. I decided that I should. So I did. She was very sweet and even gave me a hug. Then for hours afterwards I was wondering if I had done the wrong thing. If I should have just left her alone. Jess said that if she sees patients out and about she doesn't approach them but is totally fine if they approach her. I was so glad that she said that. And then today when I saw my therapist Storables was the very first thing that we talked about. She was totally fine with it too! Made me feel so much better.

See what I mean about Seattle being a small town though? I ran into three people I know in the span of four days. Oh and I also saw a story on "Evening Magazine" about a Christmas tree farmer who's daughter was in my dorm freshman year. So that's sort of another one.

What else do I want to tell you? Perhaps that's enough for right now. I am planning on finally buying myself a digital camera so pictures of the new living room are coming soon. I'll tell you later what pushed me over the camera buying edge today. It's pretty funny. But that's all for now. Hasta luego!

No comments: