Monday, January 7, 2008

Weekend Recap

I broke one of my New Year's Resolutions on Friday. Instead of going out for a Pokim night I stayed in and did seven million (4) loads of laundry. But it was a desperate situation, there was no underwear left to be had in my life. I still feel bad about it though. Choosing laundry over hanging out with lovely gals should never happen. So I should add a Resolution that I will not allow laundry, dishes, cleaning etc. to ever get so out of control that I have to choose it over anything else that I might be asked to do.

On Saturday I got to meet bro's new girlfriend. She was very cool and very brave. The three of us headed down to the Gig to celebrate grandpa's 90th birthday. There was a ton of family there, 13 of us altogether, unless I missed counting someone. Grandpa is still so with-it and active. I can only hope to be as mentally there as he is when I'm 50 let alone 90! We played all sorts of games and ate and laughed. I had a great time. We didn't get home until late Saturday night and I wasn't tired so I didn't go to bed until well after 1 am. That is very late for gal.

On Sunday I spent most of the day running errands, cleaning and teaching myself a little bit of oragami. When my niece was visiting a few weekends ago we stopped in Daiso at Westlake. I saw some packets of Oragami paper and couldn't resist buying it. During my errands on Sunday I stopped at Barnes and Noble to see if I could find a how to book.

So that's about that. Tonight it's back to the gym since I didn't go at all last week. Hope your weekend was what ever you wanted it to be.

No comments: