Monday, February 4, 2008

It was a busy busy weekend.

This weekend I had two dates with two different guys (I'm a DATER!) and did some shopping on both Friday and Sunday.

I had realized on Friday night that the rug in my living room is not holding up like I want it to and now that I have Troy and Darby it just doesn't look right. On Friday night I went to UVillage to see if I could find any interesting rugs and I was also on the hunt for throw pillows or a throw as well. Didn't buy anything for the living room but I did buy a new pair of jeans which I wore all weekend and I'm wearing right now. Thank you Eddie Bauer!

I did find a rug at Crate and Barrel that I can't get out of my head which taking as a good sign. It's the Genesis rug. On Sunday while at the downtown Seattle Macy's I looked through their rug selection and I kept comparing them all to the Genesis. So Genesis it is. Of course I reserve the right to change my mind but at this very moment I'm thinking Genesis and I will be joining forces. I love calling my things by their names. It makes me laugh.

Macy's was having a Home Sale so I thought I would look for new sheets too. I found a set of Martha Stewart all cotton sheets that are 360 thread count in a color called Pear. They are a bright green and look great. I'm not ecstatic with how they feel even after I washed them and I'm really hoping they will soften up over time. The color is gorgeous but doesn't go well with my winter duvet cover. It might be time to get a new duvet cover since I've had it for a while and doesn't seem to be "me" anymore. Have to wait and see about that. I'm hoping the color goes with my summer quilt. I'll have to check that out tonight.

On Saturday afternoon I finally put the decals on my bedroom window. I think it looks really cool. Like shadows being cast by some odd contemporary plants. They make the window seem less like a frosted hole in the wall. I'll get a picture up soon.

I'm really happy with how the weekend went. This week has also started off on a good footing because I made it passed my goal weight for the work weight loss bet. Final weigh in is on Monday the 11th. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Therapy on Thursday and I have another assignment. I'll write about that a bit later.

No comments: