Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dater, Dater, Dater

In the interest of trying to change my status from single to dating, I spent time updating my online profile yesterday. I've been on the same dating site for a long time and this is even my third separate attempt at using that same site. Yes, it's probably the one you think it is but I'm not going to say specifically, so there. I haven't been proactive about using the subscription to the site and I thought that should change. I mean I've spent the money I should at least try to get something out of it. Right?

I also took some time yesterday to peruse a few profiles on the site. I marked two as favorites and then just a bit ago I sent an email to one of them. I might email the other one as well but I'm on the fence about it right now.

Dating via the interwebs is not really ideal for me. I enjoy meeting people face to face much more than I do over email. I've gone speed dating two times recently and had a several of so so dates from those events. The process of speed dating is so much more rewarding than internet dating. You sit and talk to someone for a few minutes and then poof they are gone, off to their next victim, er I mean date. There's very little pressure to that format but all of the benefit.

If my new profile doesn't reel them in, perhaps I'll try speed dating again. It's tough out there. Not for the faint of heart, so wish me luck.

1 comment:

girlrobot said...

hi..the link is fixed! thanks for pointing that out to me. btw, i know tons of ppl who found someone online. good luck to you!