Monday, September 10, 2007

The living room check list

Just got the message from Paul @ Crate and Barrel confirming that my couch is on order. It should take anywhere from 7 to 9 weeks to deliver it to the Crate and Barrel warehouse and then another 5 to 10 days to deliver to my house. If all goes perfectly I could have the couch by the beginning of November. Chances are it would be some time around Thanksgiving though. I need to make sure that I get the room painted before the new couch arrives. That way I won't have to paint around it.

And then there's buying the new TV and TV stand. Oh and a coffee table of some sort. The living room really needs work. That stupid granite eating bar really needs to get out of there before I do anything else. Should I just take it into my own hands and start yanking on it? I wonder how much damage I could really do. It would be a good place to take out any aggression.

So this should be my to do list for the living room:
1) Order Couch - Done!! (9-10-07)
2) Remove Granite breakfast bar & supports Done!! (9-11-07)
3) Repair any drywall damage from breakfast bar removal (Started 9-11-07)
4) Paint crown molding
5) Paint ceiling (white)
6) Paint walls
7) Buy new TV, TV stand and any other furniture items

I think I'll see if I can find any info on removing granite countertops. That seems like it might be fun to do myself.

No comments: