Friday, September 21, 2007

The siren song of demolition

Last night I chipped away at more of the adhesive debris left by the removal of the granite slab. I also cleaned up / swept up the debris I've already removed. The "shelf" now left there looks a lot better and is begging for a piece of molding to top it off.

Then I sat down on the couch. I really shouldn't have done that. From that viewpoint I was able to get a wide angle view of the cutout/window and the doorway into the kitchen. There is a small wall dividing the two and the header of the doorway is much lower than the header of the cutout. That area is now begging me to be removed. It is saying to me in my dreams "Wouldn't it be so great if the doorway and cutout were one larger area?" "I know you want your little house to feel bigger, wouldn't that help SO much?" "Just do it. Hit me with a hammer. It will be easy!!"

Then there are the other voices in my head telling those voices to shut the hell up because I haven't actually finished a single project in the house! Sure I've removed the sliding mirrored closet doors but they are still propped up against the wall in the bedroom. Sure I've remodeled the bathroom but the two new light fixtures haven't been installed and the "old" sink and medicine cabinet are still in the living room. Sure the granite slab isn't in the cutout but it is still on the floor right in front of the cutout because it's heavy and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

So what's a girl to do? Which voices should I listen to? Knowing me I'm seeing more demo in my future. Keep your fingers crossed that the house won't fall down around me.

No comments: